24 April 2015

Why I'd Rather Support a Missionary Than Go On a Missions Trip.



Many have seen this video and I think it is critical that credit goes where credit is due: This video is from the video units accompanying "Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions", the latest book project from the Chalmers Center and the authors of "When Helping Hurts". They are positively transforming missions in a way that should influence us all. Visit www.chalmers.org. If you want information on how the Hoyts are helping and not hurting please email me at steve@emiea.org. I would love to share.
Posted by Steven Hoyt on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Good missionaries spend their entire careers getting to know their people group, living among them, raising their children with them, being part of the community. They're able to present the Gospel in a way that is meaningful and relevant to them.

2 comments:

  1. Not something I would ever be able to do, just not that brave. So I prefer to support the missionaries too, except I can't afford to now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a special sort of devotion to the Gospel and a real ability to be flexible - and it's really a big commitment. Most churches even don't give as much as you think they do - it's $20 here and there and a lot of somebodies contributing. :)

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)