19 December 2015

How's Your Diet Going?

Adele - Hello Parody (Hella Cravings)... this is #Hilarious #Funny #Video #DustinandGenevieveAhkuoi Dustin AhKuoi

Posted by Ingibjörg N. Frið on Friday, December 18, 2015


(Just so those of you who are not local know while you're watching this video, Krispy Kremes are doughnuts.  If you live near one, you can get them hot off the conveyor belt, even.) 

I just saw the endocrinologist yesterday.  I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and I've lost 12 pounds in three months.  Which is pretty pathetic, given how hard I've been working, but still that's better than the zero pounds I lost all year before that despite some pretty stupid heroics.  I guess when you have "stuff" going on with your body, it is just that much harder.  That's not an excuse.  It's a reason. 

I'm not doing any workouts because I actually have a hernia that pops out whenever I stand.  I can do some light weights on my arms, about it.  So that slows it down a bit, also.  I'm hoping by next summer I will be ready (enough) to get this fixed again and have the surgery. 

So how about you?  Have you struggled this year?  Are you trying to get through the holidays without a gain like I am?

9 comments:

  1. I spent several weeks before Christmas eating lots of salads, very little carbs and was disappointed to have lost only half a kilo. now it's Christmas week, so the diet is on hold and today I'm making mince pies, so of course I'll eat a few for the next few days.I'll go back to mostly salads after New Year's Day.
    Off now to google Hashimoto's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the name sounded familiar, that's what my daughter has, every now and then she gets her medication readjusted. She's doing very well otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. It's not the worst thing to have, but I do wish I had known years ago instead of being abused by the medical system with all their "eat less, exercise more" crap. We could have staved off SOOOOO much weight gain had I been believed and helped earlier.

    I get that we are our own best advocates and bla bla bla, but I had no idea what hypothyroidism was and no way to know I didn't just have fat and lazy as a character trait. It was pretty hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s. loved the video. We have Krispy Kreme's here in Adelaide now, but I've yet to set foot in a store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have Krispy Kreme?!? Wow! Some areas of the US don't have them... and you do? That's very odd. I mean, it's great.. but odd.

      Delete
  5. My diet is crap. I will gain over the holidays.
    I'm sorry to hear your hernia is back and you face more surgery. I hope you don't have to wait too long for it and it heals quicker than last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I am sorry to hear you are gaining, I know you can't blog all the stress and I worry for you. I really do. It seems everything fell on your head all at once.

      Delete
  6. They've only been open about a year here, I heard the crowd waiting to get in at the first opening was huuuuuge, so I didn't bother, besides t was too far out of my way. Now there is an outlet in the city too, but I still haven't been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have an email address for you, so I'll thank you here for the parcel which arrived safely today. I'm looking forward to reading the book and what a nice surprise to see three pretty soaps and a couple of magazines too. Thank you.
    Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)