09 June 2007

The Famous Couch


This couch is 24 years old now. It used to be in my parents' living room, a room in which you were NEVER ALLOWED TO ENTER except on Christmas or special family gatherings. It has been used a bit more frequently in our house. I finally had to remove two covers because it was fraying in such a way that people were getting tangled in the frayed edging or tucking things inside the gashes. The meticulously pressed armrest covers are long gone. We're not *trying* to trash the couch, but I think the fabric is more of a showpiece design than a child-friendly one.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should cover the one remaining cushion in white so its looks uniform, JMO This BJU Press reminded me of college (I went to BJU)
    Lela www.xanga.com/lmcs79

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... all that would take is removing the remaining slipcover! That's what it looks like without it... you're probably right!!

    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C - Do you remember the couch in our house at Crest Road? Looked an awful lot like this one!! I think our parents had the same couch!! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yeah, but it was in a LOT better condition then!! We're BOTH talking early 80s here...

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am floored you grew up in a house that had a living room you weren't allowed to go in. Truly.

    Just the thought of that makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...