15 August 2007

I Have No Idea What to Title This Craziness...

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3479449&page=1

Don Imus is being sued for violating the civil rights of one of the Rutgers basketball team ladies. As you well remember, he called them "nappy-headed hos," which wasn't very nice... but... I can't say that this really violated their CIVIL RIGHTS and therefore these ladies are eligible for megabucks from this guy.

True, he's said nasty stuff for YEARS in order to bolster his ratings. Years. So, how much emphasis do you think the American public gives to this guy when he calls someone a naughty word. I mean, he hasn't changed MY opinion about anyone. I don't even know these people!!

The only thing is, he DID call her a ho. Which is pretty meaningless in today's society. It's a derogatory term which would mean that she sleeps around... but... I can't imagine that it would be the same thing as, say, Dan Rather telling us all that Mother Teresa has had a series of one-night stands with the Pope during the nightly news. Not the same effect.

I guess I'm wondering... the guy has lost his job and personally apologized for this remark. What else do they want? Oh yeah, some money to alleviate that pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...