28 September 2007

Please Don't Let the Democrats Win... Pleeease...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21015476/

John Edwards is off running his mouth again about the abysmal state of education in the inner city. (He is really one to know these things, you see.) And guess how we're going to fix the problem? Well, we'll cut tax "breaks" to richer folks and throw lots of money over to the inner city school districts. It's not communism or anything... just people paying their fair share in a "Robin Hood meets Lenin" sort of way. The plan would cost $7 BILLION initially and INCREASE IN COST. What's sad is this is his rosy projection... before reality gets in the way if he is elected.

Oh, and he wants universal preschool on a "voluntary" basis. Enough said on him... I know once the homeschoolers out there read about "preschool, universal and voluntary" in the same sentence, others will say it way better than I ever could.

Clinton, though...

Anybody read where she wants to give away $5,000 per child born in the US? OK, you think we have a problem with illegal immigration NOW, what do you think will happen nine months after this program is started? Oh, my. $5,000 for every new "citizen." Good grief.

Of course, if they make it retroactive 15 years, I stand to pocket $30,000!! That'll be great until the inflation from everyone else spending THEIR $30,000 kicks in LOL! Well, it's supposed to be in bonds or something, and perhaps they'll make it too difficult for most of us to really access the money. The forms will be in Spanish and IRS-ese, maybe.

But honestly, I don't think the Republicans are doing much better. I have no clue who this "Thompson" character is, but I've seen his wife and I think that pretty much does it for my vote right there...

Huckabee sounds great, though. I even like his name. It sounds friendly in a Tom Sawyer sort of a way. He's a little on the health addict side, but that might play well in California or something. Maybe when he gets those gay marriage questions in San Francisco he can make an effective dodge by talking about health and exercise, and alfalfa sprouts??

OK maybe not. But I like him, and Tancredo sounds pretty ok too so far, although I don't know quite as much about him. I still haven't decided if I'm voting Republican or Democrat in the primaries. I usually like voting Democratic and picking the biggest LOSER imaginable so that the person who *might* have a shot at winning against the Republican has one fewer vote... make sense?

1 comment:

  1. I like Brownback. He spoke at The Call in Nashville. And he's an advocate for persecuted Christian worldwide. That gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...