01 September 2007

This Makes Me Proud to be An American... Not.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20529618/

So, the prosecutor in this rape case has been legally proven in court to have *intentionally* lied to a judge. He's been proven in court to have taken a case against several young men who were innocent of the charges laid against them... on purpose. The accused college students could have wound up with YEARS in prison EACH.

Aren't you glad justice was served by the prosecutor having to quit his job and spend a whopping *one day* in jail? And the judge in the case discussing how his sentence really isn't going to change things... and he knows it... is sickening:

“If what I impose with regard to Mr. Nifong would make things better or different for what’s already happened, I don’t know what it would be or how I could do it,” Smith said.

Hm. You know, I *thought* (silly, naive little me) that these sentences were a form of punishment for the guilty party AND a deterrent to others considering the same crime. I'm soooo glad that this Nifong fellow is really getting the book thrown at him... it will discourage other prosecutors from pursuing their own personal vendettas in the future. Yup.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on "Chaz's Update"! I really appreciate it. I can't tell you how hard the last few years have been and the tears I've cried with all the different info everyone gave me. Finally, a really good counselor at a school looked up Asperger Syndrome online and gave me a printout. He said, "I'm not saying this is what he has, but he does show a lot of the signs. Maybe you could look into it." After that it was a long road of schools, appointments, diagnoses, etc. He does in fact have Asperger Syndrome. I was relieved to find know to help explain his behavior. Being that I was new to this, I mistakenly listened to another school who told him he had to be in a self contained classroom. It was a horrible year. So bad. My friend told me about this Charter School. I found a teacher trained in Autism. She has worked with me, listened to me, helped me so much to understand Chaz, given me idea. She really goes the extra mile as a teacher for Chaz and I and I am extremely impressed. He's actually in a regular classroom, but sits closer to the teacher. I couldn't have gotten luckier. He will be with her for 2 years before moving on to another teacher. Then the next teachers will be trained for him the school said. They are a smaller school but just for Chaz, they are going to bring in an Art and Music curriculum faster than they had planned. I'm so happy he's there. :o) If you have any websites or hints, I'm happy to know about them!

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...