29 November 2007

Parental References

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/nv/200711280.asp

One thing I find frightening is that even WITH good legal help in standing for our fourth amendment rights, attorneys ask parents to submit "reference" letters stating that they're good parents, and doctors' reports to investigating social workers. I can't say I'd say "no" to a lawyer trying to help me out, but it makes me nervous that *this* is how we're supposed to get the social services people off our backs.

In the old days, Pa would have met the social worker at the door with a shotgun and the jury would have found him innocent of manslaughter because he was protecting his family and his rights. Doggone it but we can't move back to those good ol' days, can we? We're reading "Little House on the Prairie" and just looking at how these folks lived, with no police, fire protection or nearby hospitals is just amazing. I kinda like having the police, fire and hospital if I need it but maybe the social workers could all go away without any real societal chaos, don't you agree?

3 comments:

  1. I think the times are getting scarier all the time. They are just passing the weirdest laws lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, as a person with their masters in social work--social work isn't all bad! Those who have their masters an do therapy (as I do). There are many different types of social workers, just as there are many types of doctors, all have different specialties. And it's not the social workers--its the system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now anonymous, if I were to come into your office and ASK for help with a problem, that's totally different. And certainly as the mom of two autistic children, I deal with enough medical workers and "case workers" at school and the like to be able to tell who the people in the black hats are as a general rule.

    I think in America, my children and I should be free from all unreasonable searches and seizures. That means, tough as it is to gather evidence etc., that the police (see, I didn't mention "social workers?") need a WARRANT and they need to PROSECUTE just like any other crime.

    I think it's a shame that we Americans are so accepting of "the system" as it is. Rather have all the children back with their parents when there is a lack of physical evidence, and forget about foster care! Hardly a week goes by but one doesn't hear about abuse in foster care. Why are we doing things this way? It is *so* messed up.

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...