Skip to main content

The Itchy and Scratchy Show


Is no fun when it's happening to you. This morning, I began itching a bit. Now I have large welty-things on my chest, down my arms, my stomach and especially my upper thighs. The pic doesn't show it, but it's very puffy. I have already had the measles, so it can't be that. Ditto for chicken pox. I have called the surgeon's office and they are telling me, oh, you just probably react badly to the alcohol you're using for the pain. That, or to raspberries, because those are the only two things that are different in this past week. (Before you ask, yes, our laundry detergent is the super non-allergenic stuff.) I've taken two doses of Benadryl and it isn't getting any better. Thankfully, my pain is greatly lessened over the last day. I've been very careful not to do too much 'round the house in case that is contributing to the pain. I am thankful for all the people who prayed for me in church on Sunday, and for my pastor praying for me today. The pain is a bit less and I'm praying mostly now for the ITCHING and redness to stop and for healing so I can get back to actually being a wife and mother again.

Comments

  1. What's with all the naked photos lately?

    But seriously, is it really the booze? Wouldn't you have had a reaction to it before now or is this the first time you ever drank alcohol?

    That's rough anyhow. Sorry : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ok the tummy pic was a bit much. And I promise not to blog pictures if I ever need surgery for hemorrhoids, ok?

    I am one of those people who firmly believe that alcohol is a drug strong enough not to be taken lightly. I'd be OK with Prohibition because of what alcohol does to families and people who are addicted to the substance. However, when your surgeon refuses to give you anything for severe pain, you tend to self-medicate.

    I'm not really sure what's going on. It's actually getting WORSE and there aren't many white spots left. Praying it goes away or at least lessens overnight because I've had way too many trips to the hospital lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! SO... in answer to your question, aside from a drink here and there in early adulthood I haven't drank.

    Forgot to answer the question... sorrry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs C topless!!!
    But joking aside, im sure its not much fun, hope you get it sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch!!! Can you go straight to the doctor? that doesn't look like an allergic reaction to something. and alcohol wouldn't do that anyway...is it sore? could it be shingles ouch you really are having a bad patch..
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY the redness is going down a little, though I'm still itchy and taking Benadryl. I'll have to seriously consider allergy testing because I don't want to have to go through that again.

    And Kim, I don't think real Australians ever go through this, but there have been some medically documented people allergic to drinking alcohol LOL!

    Casdok: We took other pics with the bra on and that seemed LESS tasteful when you look at the pics somehow. So I posted this one. BTW I am SO GLAD you are back. Thinking and praying for you and C often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the zookeeper came up with this strange rash that looked like poison ivy, but wasn't. All the poison ivy stuf didn't work on it. then it went away and came back on a different arm. finally the doc gave him a really expensive cream, but it never came back.

    maybe you need like a steroid cream. benadryl didn't work for him either. we couldn't find anything different either.

    he can feel your pain, as he nearly scratched his arms until they bled.

    I hope you get better soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Curriculum: ABeka Book and BJU Press

Did you know that in the state of Missouri, homeschoolers must teach reading as a separate subject?  I don't know how anyone could homeschool well without teaching their child to read... but OK. 

I got many of my ABeka books used and collected them over time.  I'm glad I came across these readers early in my homeschooling years.  It teaches children to read step-by-step.  I don't think I've seen a more effective reading program for the elementary years.  The children love the stories, and what I appreciate about them is that there is a rich and varied language even in simple-to-read books in this series. 

My set is pretty old, and some are even from the 1960's and no longer listed in the reading series.  I think if I had to do things over again somehow, I think I'd just spend on a curriculum set and be done with it.  That's the thing, though, with homeschooling.  By the time you figure out what the perfect curriculum is for you, your children have graduate…

Homeschooling is NOT So Hard.

I wish I'd have known this starting out. I wish I'd have known that it's actually LESS work to just homeschool your child, than to be an "involved parent" at school.

We've enjoyed elementary school with our older boys. *Most* of the teachers were actually pretty competent and caring (the others, I save for another blog post, another day...). We had the children involved in extra activities like the Spanish Club or Service Club, or choir, and they got a fair bit out of the experience.

But it's a LOT of work.

You get about a ton of worksheets that must be done by a certain time. Usually on a day when you're sick or have no time. You get the phone calls about this or that, and about a zillion sheets per day that sometimes contain important news, so you MUST go through them daily. The schools also *love* to throw in half days, teacher in-service days and early dismissals. Not so bad, unless you have children at more than one school and the schedu…

Holiday Gifts for the Homeschool Teacher!

Merrymaking hint:  leave this post up on your phone/ computer for your family to "accidentally" find!  Let the magic begin!

 All teachers love a little appreciation every now and then, including homeschoolers.   I don't know about you, though, but I don't want any apple crap.  So first rule:  no apple crap! 

Otherwise I'm pretty open.  I love getting gifts, even if it's just something small or simple.  One thing I love is when my children want to help out and make lunch or clean up or put their laundry away.  Or just behave themselves and get their math done.  This is a really big thing when you think about it.  

And from the adults in my life, the gift of coffee always shows love - or rather, someone not wanting an "I need coffee" emergency in the middle of winter after a big snowstorm.  Somehow, I always have a lot of coffee in my pantry during the winter months.  (Guess why.) Thanks, D! 

My gallery of homeschool appreciation pics: