02 July 2008

We're MOVING To Australia!




The view from my new place is spectacular. All I need to do is get myself $4 million in Australian dollars, a visa and a work-at-home for two hours a day job for my husband that will pay the bills.
*
I was looking at an Australian newspaper online during my news blogging and thought I'd type in a search for "the house I want." This is it. Five bedrooms and a view of the Opera House.
*
If I finance my move, though, I *only* need $780,000 cash down and I can pay just under $26,000 a month. Doable, right?
*
Though I may need to spend a bit on new furniture. The painting in the dining room looks hideous, and I hate that "modern" stuff. It all goes out for Victorian and Colonial furniture mixed together with lotsa doilies over top. The kids can doodle something in crayon nicer than that painting. What is that picture, anyway? African slaves toiling in the heat? That's supposed to be relaxing to look at? That hits the dumpster after I move in.
*
OK, well, sometimes it can't hurt to check out other markets and see what's out there. This might be a tad out of reach... this year, anyway. Well, here's the link if you can afford it. My finders' fee is very affordable if you buy this place: invite me over to your housewarming party.http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007148044#

4 comments:

  1. bwa ha haa... I had you going for a minute there, didn't I???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "oh wow thats pretty neat" then I seent the price and though "yeah right" lol. It was fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as long as the neighbours can't do anything about the noise... did you see the map??? WALKING distance from the Botanical Gardens AND "the Rocks," which is where the convicts built the original city of Sydney after landing in Botany Bay. Little jaunt to Opera House and hospital.

    Ahhh... just think of all the really good homeschool opportunities that place has. And it has FOUR parking spots in the middle of the city. Right near a highway... I mean, it's perfect. You hire a maid to keep it clean and Windex all those windows LOL!!

    It's a bargain! Sigh. If I remember right, there's a zoo 'roundabouts somewhere nearby too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah... Sydney sucks.. Trust me I am Australian..

    Move to Tasmania.. When I send the Stanleys back ( which will be soonish by the way) I will include a real estate guide then you can have a *proper dream*

    You can homeschool down here as well and there are churches and stuff lol.. cheers Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...