23 July 2010

Dad's Day




D finds out what's going on at home after work when he reads my blog. I find out what happens when I'm out of the house by looking at anything recently loaded onto our "2010 pictures" file on the computer. Here you see that Rose and Woodjie are good friends. Rose encourages Woodjie to "Go! Go! Go!" and get something she wants outside the gated area when I leave, and Woodjie... well, Woodjie encourages the girl to be a LOT more rambunctious than she would otherwise. She fell down the other day and hit her face on the side of a chair. She put her hands out to the SIDES of her head to catch her fall, which would be hilarious were it not for the fact that she chipped her front tooth. Rose has recently taught Woodjie that people have NAMES, and Woodjie has named Patrick, "Girlie," and "Nonnie" - that's ME! Yep. This morning, I was greeted with, "Ook, Nonnie, a Oak-ee-non." Roughly translated, that's "Look, Mommy, a Pokemon." *sniff*

5 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cool!!!! Rose as teacher! I'm thinking these two should have a whole lot more of this type of interaction. :) That must have been a shot in the arm for you, Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Rosie! I agree with Claire. Woodjie needs some more Rose time. Love the photos. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW--there is an award for you on my blog. You can thank Ganeida for it--she gave it to me and I have to share. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo cute, hope Rose's tooth doesn't hurt. Woodjie is talking more and more now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have that same kid table.

    Look how BIG your girl is getting! Wow. My girl is around the same age. Turning 3 in September. I'm in the middle of all these birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...