15 January 2014

How Long Does it Take to Drink a Cup of Coffee?

We've all lingered a little longer than is necessary sometimes.  Usually, this happens when I have an appointment at, say, 1 o'clock but I just got out somewhere at 11.  I don't want to drive across town, get home, and then have to go out again.  So I'll spend a little over an hour at your cafe with my kids.  Which is probably about 25 minutes more than I needed to.  I don't do this a lot.  I try not to take advantage of your good nature if you're offering me the free Wi-Fi and a comfy bench.  Often I'll get a few to-go bagels, but maybe that's just me justifying.  I don't need to stay that long.

But eesh.  I don't invite 50 friends over, stake out tables all over the place at 5 am, and refuse to leave until closing because I spent a few bucks on coffee.   And pull this crap every day.  What is wrong with people? 

I'm thinking that instead of complaining, this McDonald's should take advantage of the situation and call in the TV cameras.  They could make a reality show out of this.  The TV people could hire an improv team for cheap to do outrageous things that will be SURE to get viewers and drive away these particular customers.

But overstaying is a problem everywhere.  A friend commented on facebook recently that all the new McDonalds restaurants seem to have no PlayLands. Seems there's no middle ground between "get your food and get out" and "I wanna stay all day, get 25 free refills and flush the toilet 50 times because I'm an inconsiderate slob."

6 comments:

  1. All you can eat buffet not mean all day day buffet. You no come stay 4 hour. You eat - you go home.

    I would remove the seats in the dining area for awhile. The other customers can't sit anyway. They elderly people will develop a new habit of hangin' at a Senior Center. I wonder if the McDonald's can arrange to send coffee and a bag of FF to the center as a gesture of good will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE THE NO SEATS IDEA! Shouting that one online so all the seniors can hear when I type. :)

      Delete
  2. There was once a coffee shop next to where I do my food shopping I often called in had a coffee read the latest gossip mags had a chat to the owner.
    The shop was sold a while back I no longer go in there the old owner told me the new owner was very nice but But I don't like the look of her I don't know why, the inside of the shop was changed and lots of noisy people are hanging out there much longer than usual it is no longer peaceful.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame. I hate when stuff like that happens, especially if I'd been going there for a while.

      Delete
  3. There is a similar experience at my gym. Can't get into the whirlpool or sauna, and they don't bring towels... just run around the dressing room stark-butt-naked. I walked into the dressing room to see one lady bent over picking something up... bare butt facing the door. Ah-come-on. I walked by her and sang TOWEL.... They also glare if you try to get on an exercise machine near them, and jump in the pool lane with you if they decide they want in. period.... All the while pretending they don't speak english... so I pretend I don't know how to whisper and just talk about them loudly. Whew... good vent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yowwww! I know the new "thing" is not to be ashamed of one's body, but um... yeah.

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...