But that doesn't scare me so much. What will scare me is the day when they already know what I want before I do. Have you read that that day is coming? Using secret technology and/or the art of wizardry, Amazon will ship your packages before you order them soon.
My dear Amazon, I love you, but I just don't want you to get to know me that well. I want to at least pretend that I have free will and am not so simple-minded that you can figure me out because you know my ZIP code, my credit score, and my browsing history.
Let's add to the creepiness. TIME Magazine has a personality quiz that can guess your political leanings. Will you go take it before reading on? I really really would be interested to see if the robots at TIME can figure you out. It just takes a minute. Because apparently they already know all about me.
Ok, here are my results. I'm conservative. TIME figured this out because:
- You like dogs more than cats
- You think kids should respect authority
- You like a neat desk
- You think self-control trumps self-expression
- You're not wild about fusion cuisine
- You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
- You don't think your partner should be looking at porn alone
- You think the world benefits from nations and borders
- You prefer Times Square to the Met
- You're proud of your country's history
- You prefer documentaries over action movies
- You use a modern browser