31 March 2014

Bossy People.


Good morning!  Woodjie is ready to cuddle and read a good book in his robot jammies.
Welcome to a new kind of annoying:  the know-it-all homeschool mom.

Usually these are actually mothers whose oldest child is under ten years old.  Somehow, they know how to raise a wonderful tribe of children to adulthood and want to share their wisdom. 

Here's one.  A young mom rants about homeschool jammies on the internetz:  "People who do not choose to homeschool already view our ilk with some mixture of curiosity, skepticism, or disdain.  Must we confirm their suspicions that we are either a) shirking responsibility; b) lazy and not really doing anything; or c) just plain weird?" 

Hmm.  I think her freakout dance about this being the horrid thing people will remember about homeschoolers actually says a lot of good things about homeschoolers.  We have to have a snotty, uppity, "I am doing a better job than you" sort of post and it's about... jammies.  Okay then.  It's good to know that these are the sorts of up and coming problems in the homeschooling community!  Jammies.


People who do not choose to homeschool often already view our ilk with some mixture of curiosity, skepticism or disdain. Must we confirm their suspicions that we are either a) shirking responsibility; b) lazy and not really doing anything; or c) just plain weird? - See more at: http://hedua.com/blog/homeschoolers-get-dressed/#sthash.SYAXdjJM.dpuf

8 comments:

  1. Heh. I homeschooled in my PJs and get dressed for work today. But the moment I get home it's "comfy pants" time! And I realize I'm not the most successful and driven person in the world, but much of my free film school was shot in a nice button up shirt and comfy pants (which you don't see). Yup. That's the secret: Stay comfy!

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? YOU WERE WEARING PANTS. Thanks for proving my point here. :)

      Delete
  2. Home schooling works for not others, thats all I can say.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I was just telling some crazy chick on facebook yesterday that I was GLAD her daughter had access to a certified teacher... yeesh.

      Delete
  3. Jammmiiiessss??????? The inhumanity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big, big problem. Nothing could be worse than seeing JAMMIES. :)

      Delete
  4. ooopsies. I homeschooled for 10 years, and only made the kids get dressed (and shower) when we were about to leave the house. My bad. The good news is they do get dressed before they leave their dorm rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...