17 July 2015

HICKIES Product Review

Goofball photobombed while I was taking this picture and then insisted it go on the blog.  So here it is.
I just bought them and thought you'd want to hear how we like them.  HICKIES are stretchy little plastic tabs you pop through your shoelace holes instead of laces.  And they button.  They're about $15 for a set of 14 that will definitely cover one pair of shoes, but if you have small people who have fewer shoelace holes, a set will cover three shoes instead of two.

Woodjie finds getting the shoes with HICKIES on a bit harder than his other pair with the elastic laces built-in, but far easier than the whole process of learning to tie shoes.  If you're interested, right now it's cheaper to buy from the HICKIES website than directly from Amazon, because although they charge the same price at first blush, shipping is free with a $30 or more order (I bought the copper pair at $17.99 and a pair at $14.99) and you get a free box when you order two pairs.

8 comments:

  1. I've heard of these, but after tying laces in a shoe factory for close to ten years, I'm pretty speedy so I'll stick with laces.
    That's a cute goofball you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new to me but I like my laces.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you wouldn't have to worry about laces coming untied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Though they can come unbuckled with a bit of effort.

      Delete
  4. I totally just bought some of these! I am OVER this whole "tie your shoes" conversation. Maybe laces will become passe. Lazy for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! I just inspired an informed purchase! Too bad I get no commission, right? :)

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...