30 October 2015

Bleach "Miracle" Cure Seller Convicted.

It's amazing that some parents actually make their kids drink bleach in the hopes of curing their autism.  I've seen the pictures of bits of intestine these little children have passed with their fecal matter.  It's horrifying.  So there is some good news released today by the Justice Department that at least one person marketing this crap has been convicted for selling "Miracle Mineral Solution" using false claims:

"The government presented evidence that (Louis Daniel) Smith instructed consumers to combine MMS with citric acid to create chlorine dioxide, add water and drink the resulting mixture.  Chlorine dioxide is a potent agent used to bleach textiles, among other industrial applications.  Chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant that can cause nausea, diarrhea and dehydration.  Smith provided instructions for use of his product including that nausea, diarrhea and vomiting were all signs that the miracle cure was working."

Hopefully former consumers of this product are getting the help they need.

4 comments:

  1. The "worms" that cleared the intestine were actually the shedding of the lining of the intestine, according to a blog I read.

    I never gave Ben aspirin for fear of Reyes. (He uses it now that he can open the bottle himself.) I tried his ritalin before I gave it to him, I tried EVERYTHING before I gave it to him. Always asked for medical doctor okay. I don't understand how parents can be willing to harm their children. Desperation, I guess. I guess I was never that desperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd be that desperate if it were cancer or something. Or if the illness presented itself in severe self-injury. But I'm a putz! I go through medical channels! If my kid is going to have something risky done, I want it done with medical supervision and someone to talk to about side effects and so on. :)

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't be accepting anything that says nausea, vomiting and diarrhea were normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just good parenting! I mean, unless your kid NEEDS chemo. :)

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...