28 July 2016

No Matter How Much Love and Joy You Spread...

... there will always be someone with hate in their heart towards you." 

In this crazy world where everyone can look up everything on everyone else, a waitress lost her job after a viral post by one of the people she served came to the attention of management. 

Patrons looked up her profile and saw her complaints about serving a group of black people.  She used horrible derogatory language as well.

Stupid of her.  Comments on this news story blame Trump and a hostile political atmosphere.  Nope!  Not buying it.  Her employer was completely justified in firing her; that's all that business needs is for people who openly identify themselves as working for them firing off crap like that.

A smart person would use a pseudonym for launching into complaints or rants or whathaveyou.  Then again, a smart person probably wouldn't say such things for public consumption so there you go.

I'm not black but I sure identified.  I hate that sinking feeling when you discover that someone you thought liked you, and was a nice person, is really talking about you behind your back.  I think I would be a paranoid black person because every time someone doesn't like me, I'd have to wonder if they just don't like me or they just don't like that I'm black or a little of both.

I hope I would react with half the grace Chelsea Mayes did.  “This ‘n—–‘ is praying for you," she wrote. "This ‘n—–‘ loves you and there’s nothing you can do about it!”


3 comments:

  1. Chelsea Mayes sounds like a wise woman.
    just like Mums who calmly tell their children "I still love you", when those children are in tantrum mode and yelling "I hate you!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD ONE! So right. Sometimes it takes a very big person to love someone when they behave this way. She is a big person. :)

      Delete
  2. "I think I would be a paranoid black person because every time someone doesn't like me, I'd have to wonder if they just don't like me or they just don't like that I'm black or a little of both."... bingo!

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...