15 May 2017

Knockout Roses!

I'm not sure why there are different coloured flowers on the same plant, but there you go.

This is what my knockout roses looked like after a hearty trimming.  It was getting to the point where the mailman was going to get skewered by thorns, and we just can't have that.

I popped a few of the extra flowers I wacked away into this vase.  I should arrange them better but I'm rather afraid to handle the stems.  Last time I was outside working, a thorn got lodged sidewise in my thumb and D had to yank it out for me.  It was just painful enough and at just such an angle I couldn't get it myself.

2 comments:

  1. You need a pair of leather gardening gloves for roses, I have a pair that go up to my elbows, I bought them when Ange was tiny and playing with him resulting in scratches right up the arms.
    Many roses have such a colour variation, the buds start out deep pink, and the blooms pale and fade as they age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather gardening gloves? Mine are plastic-y sorts. And I hadn't worn them honestly. I think I should start.

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...