18 June 2007

Household Happenings

Well, the lovely bathroom pictured a couple posts back is having its ceiling painted by Patrick. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that the very FIRST thing you noticed in my series of pictures about my bathroom was that it really, really needed a coat of paint on the ceiling. The other stuff it took you a while to notice. That's ok though, because the ceiling is officially PAINTED! Whoo-hoo!

Yes, there is white paint all over my shower floor and in my tile grout. I stood under it at one point and got a clump in my hair too. But, since I didn't have to do the painting myself these things don't matter so much. Soon I will have Patrick paint the rest of my bathroom. I think the walls will be considerably harder just because of the layout of the bathroom. You can't beat the price, though.

How much?

Well, Patrick was just kinda hoping that he wouldn't have to do so much homeschooling the next day. HA! I told him I would be paying him but I didn't say how much. See how motivating that is? When he is finished I will give him a quarter.

No, just kidding. The going rate for G to scrub all three toilets weekly is a dollar, and he tithes on that. Patrick also refills soap dispensers, restocks toilet paper and listerine in the small containers, etc. for a dollar a week. So I'll think of something fair but budgetable. I know G is going to get $40 if he has no absences in summer school this month. The school district bribes, I mean, gives incentives, to children to go over the summer. So I know Patrick is going to want some spending money too. But I work way, way harder than the school district. Well, maybe not. Some of Patrick's classes are pretty challenging but that's what he gets for doing his best on exams... they stick him in the harder classes LOL!!!

On the J front, it only took about 20 minutes of panicked crying for him to get to sleep at naptime. Progress, anyway.

Blessings to you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...