07 June 2007

Throughout the Day
















Throughout the day, when I'm not actively homeschooling, I can be found cooking or organizing cabinets at times. You'd be surprised at how often the routine organizing takes place and it still looks a little messy. There is a method though. I know which pile everything is in... I keep my silverware (well, stainless steel) on hand in a basket by the breadbox. Salt and pepper shakers go nearby. I bought this set for about $5 at an old antique store. It was covered in yucky yellow paint, but once that was removed, this is a nice amber glass set. It has even been dropped on the floor and not shattered at ALL. And I like that it is not a tiny set that can get easily lost. My laundry room is in almost constant use, but this summer it has been very easy on me. Since the children are not in public school during the summer (except G is going to summer school for a bit), I save a LOT on laundry. I am trying to convince dh I will save a lot on gas and sanity if we keep at least a couple home next year. Otherwise next year I will have four children at FOUR DIFFERENT SCHOOLS and a crawling baby. Because I count homeschool as a school... it has to have its own starting and end time you know...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...