12 September 2007

Pumpkin Picking!!





You can see how that pumpkin vine is RIGHT next to the street. It was just time to pick the pumpkin, even though it was green. We have had trouble with some of the older boys on the street in the past and I know how heartbroken the boys would have been to see their pumpkin stolen or smashed. It's very green, but look how much fun the boys had picking it! Did you know that pumpkin vines are prickly? That it is hard to pick a pumpkin, really? The boys were surprised at how heavy it is and at its yellow underside. It measured 30 1/2 inches around and is sitting on our back deck in the sunlight. We're hoping it can ripen a little there.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Just wanted to drop in and say hello...I don't get the opportunity to visit my visitors very often...but today I did!\

    Have a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your pumpkins look really big. We have 5 in the garden and they are not very big yet. Last year we cooked them and then froze the mix for ready made pumpkin pie.
    I read that you are gonna have another baby. When are you do?
    I would love to have many more but I almost didn't make it with my last one so I have to be done. :(
    I am very excited for you.
    Blessings Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably huge b/c it's the ONLY pumpkin on the vine! But I'm still amazed and in awe that anything could have grown there. I honestly planted it out by the mailbox so the boys could have daily trips there w/o getting dirty... and the plants would die conveniently soon.

    Little did I know what an exciting process this would turn out to be! D keeps saying he wishes I kept that pumpkin out longer at the rate it was growing... but... I just don't think the neighbourhood kids would have left it alone past a certain point, and I'm distrustful LOL!

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...