10 October 2007

Eat Your Vegetables!!

Doing a mini "food pyramid" unit this week has shown me how seldom we eat vegetables in our house. I've incorporated a few veggies every now and again into our meals. Mushrooms and peas are in this one. Now, I **HATE** peas most of the time. They are slimy from the can and just plain ol' yucky. But the "Just Peas" brand are freeze-dried and crunchy and tasty! If you've never tried "Just Corn" or "Just Peas" from your local health food store, I'd recommend them. This endorsement is from someone who loathes and despises all "healthy" foods.

3 comments:

  1. I should blog about great vegetarian recipes. You seriously would like veggies if prepared them creatively! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove peas!!! I love them so much I'll eat them out of the can. I dump them in my macaroni and cheese. My husband despises them. LOL! Actually, I love vegetables so much that it's the one thing I attack when I eat at buffets. I don't know why I'm like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if they don't involve peas or spinach from the can I might try them Daja!! I never knew that vegetables tasted different when they weren't pickled in salt.

    And wow, Virginia... I know it's too soon for you to be pregnant again... LOL! I'm glad to see you again!

    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...