04 October 2007

Painting!







We're learning about primary colours in our science unit. We have LIFEPACS for second grade science. I'm finding as I go along that these will last way longer than the one year they're supposed to, even with homeschooling all summer. I find that there are so many books in the library that are on this level about the same topics... or... we get carried away doing little sub-units like our "pumpkin" unit because that's what we happened to be doing at the time here at home. I find the same thing with our social studies curriculum... so much at the public library to read on the same level. I wouldn't be the type to move away from curriculum "in the box" completely, however. I find the curriculum gives me a nice guideline on what the children ought to know, and some grade-level exercises and worksheets. It's easier to do than to plan your own. But I like planning my own activities sometimes as well. So.... I don't know what on earth style of education I could possibly say I'm giving my children LOL!

2 comments:

  1. A fun way to play with primary colors: Use food coloring to make different colored ice cubes. Have children guess ahead of time what color the water will be when the ice melts. Put different colored ice cubes in ziploc bags and play with them.

    While you're doing this, you may as well explain solid, liquid, and vapor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Daja, where do you get these ideas from? Did you do them when you homeschooled? That's clever!

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...