30 October 2007

Prayers for New Yorkers

HSLDA sent us a link to this story recently from the state of New York:

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/ny/200710300.asp

It's disturbing. I'm glad I live in a state without such strict regulations, and *usually* without such horrible child-abuse investigative techniques. I've been in prayer for the poor people living under the repressive Massachusetts government for some time. New York sounds as though it is quickly heading in that direction. (Yes, I've already mentioned California in a previous post.)

When I talk about states like these, I'm always thinking in the back of my mind about Abraham's conversation with God about Sodom. How many "good men" will it take to save our states? The nice lady who took my CBD order had an outrageously East Coast accent, and she told me she lives near Boston. But that working at CBD was *such* a blessing because people there at work make eye contact and occasionally say hello to one another. How sad that a courteous greeting can't be taken for granted.

Sigh.

I *do* rejoice, though, knowing that money from memberships from more liberal states such as mine (um, in regards to HOMESCHOOLING LAW and not politics!!) can be funneled into states like New York and help families like these. We are all in this together, whether we homeschool or not.

We ought to all be free from unreasonable searches and seizures... and some wacky-doodle social worker coming to your house to strip-search your children without some AMAZING probable cause sure sounds like it's unreasonable to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...