17 November 2007

This Doesn't Sound Fair.

Now, when **I** was a kid, the rhyme about "Eeeny meeny miny moe" wound up with you catching a TIGER by the toe. I had no idea about the racist roots of this rhyme until I was in my 30's. None at all. What if I were on a job and *somehow* used this rhyme to pick something out? I mean, not likely... we've all grown out of those rhymes and stuff... but what if?

http://www.myfoxnewisconsin.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=F0AF4

I guess I'd be fired. Though the article did NOT say whether she used "tiger" or the racist word for black person in her rhyme. That would make all the difference to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...