12 April 2008

Yeeeeee - Haww!

Obama sez:

"It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24082427

I just gotta confess to you-all that I only done accepted Christ because the world is a-changin' place and it done did scares me. I don't got me no none backbone of my own, ya see, neitherways. I also gotta confess to y'all that I'm against illegal immigration because I'm just a fraidy-cat and tacos frighten me. So does the word "burrito." And all-y'all gun-totin' believers in the Second Amendment are only that way on account-a y'all's afraid, too. Them possums might take over if'n we didn't have our guns! Now, hold on while I address the "congregation:"

I need somebody like OBAMA to show me the error of my ways! I've seen the liiiiiight! Thank you, Obama! Prrraise you for your proposed social policy! (Hallelujah.) Prrraise you for bein' so smart and acceptin' the vote of a sinner -- whoops!-- I mean, ignorant voter in need of re-education like me. (Aaaa-men.) You are all-powerful in knowing my motives. (Uh-huh.) My inmost thoughts. (Preach it!) You are so wonderful! (Hankies waving.)

Yep. I enjoyed reading Hillary Clinton's response as well. She called his statements out-of touch as well as elitist. "The people of faith I know don't 'cling' to religion because they're bitter. People embrace faith not because they are materially poor, but because they are spiritually rich."

I wish she really believed that. Have YOU seen the light yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...