27 May 2008

Woodjums McOnion Pumpkin Update

J (aka Woodjie With Cheese) is STILL NOT TALKING. He signed "please" for a bit. Then we taught him how to sign "more." Now he has forgotten how to sign "please." He will not imitate sounds. What if he never talks? Should I do the "mommy voice" for J wherever I go? You know, the high sing-songy one that people do for their toddlers that make you sick? "OH, myyyy name is J, and I don't talk yet, do I?" (ok, barf. I don't think I could do that even if everyone suggested it.) As he ages, should I go out with a stopwatch and time how long it takes people to figure out that J doesn't talk? What if he never talks? How do you teach people to "sound out the words" when they read if they never make the sounds?

3 comments:

  1. Quite a dilema Mrs C... but I am darn sure you will sort it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions. I would be completely cluess if I had to raise a kid who can't talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old is he? I wouldn't worry too much. He has older siblings to speak for him. I imagine you've had his hearing tested?

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...