14 February 2012

Rose's Room Makeover!

She's four now.  For her birthday, I'd looked in all kinds of stores and even on amazon for something she would like but doesn't already have.  And honestly.  She doesn't need another puzzle or another book or another toy.  So I just began making her room a "big girl" room.  I thought it would be fun to doodle and paint a tree.  Not too babyish, but still whimsical, I think.   Because I can't lift over 40 pounds any more, I did have others remove the old area rug from this room and I got a much smaller new one.  Plain brown.  I didn't want bunches of other patterns to compete with my creation, though I did buy Rose a tall decorative horse at Pier1 (my new favourite place to shop for stuff I don't need).  G moved the furniture around to my liking and I've brought some books up and gotten her a silky window treatment.  I'm including the heart-tree photo today because it's Valentine's Day.  Ok, I'm not.  I just was finally able to finish the painting last night and so am including it in today's post.  Rose is enjoying her new room very much.  :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the tree of hearts! It is beautiful! She will love it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Four is a great age. Happy B-day To Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is phenomenal, love, love, love all the hearts!

    That is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how GORGEOUS that tree is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I am gobsmacked at how clever you are. I am sure Rose was thrilled with her big girl room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to Georgia. I've got a great place I could use your talent...unless you are afraid of ladders. We've got a vaulted ceiling, and there is a half-wall above that is begging for something...

    No wonder your children are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the heart tree! I wouldn't mind having one of those in my bedroom, or maybe in my living room in shades of greens and blues.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...