26 July 2012

Gooood Morning!

Wake up in the middle of the night because Woodjie is hopping about.  Sure enough, he has to poop. 

Good wiping and hand-washing are foreign concepts to this kid, so I have to get out of bed.  Tonight Woodjie is explosive, runny, messed up all his clothes and about half the floor... smelly bad. 

Aaaaand there is NO WATER.  Just air when I turn on the faucet. Ew ew ew ew.  I dragged up an entire mega-mega Sam's Club size of baby wipes and just did what I could.  Changed clothes.  Can't even flush toilet or wash clothes.  Ew. 

Repeat this scene about four different times in the night.  This morning we had a trickle of water so you betya we flushed/ washed/ bathed Woodjie and changed him AAA-gain.

*pa-yeeww*

Laundry.  More washing.  The air is just... heavy with this stuff.  I'm about to get breakfast for littles when an important phone call comes in.  Emergency level.  I MUST, within the next hour, dig up every known financial record I have for the state.  Including burial plan policy numbers, amount and account numbers of savings accounts, worth of the real estate I own, bla bla bla.  SURE, I just did this a few months ago, but that's not good enough.  I need to drop everything and get it done again, NOW.

 Kids are hopping for breakfast and I tuck them in bed (as if that's gonna work, but this was really urgent). 

I sure hope my paperwork is coherent.  Ever have to dive for stuff like this because someone made you JUMP?  First thing in the morning?  I sure hope it is done well...

Called city utilities after digging their number up to ask if the water is safe to drink.  This answer I swear is almost an exact quote:  Well, nobody told US it wasn't.  What?  Did we test the water?  We've been BUSY.  I guess we'll test the water... just that... thing is, we never got a chance.  So.  I think the water is safe to drink but I don't want to say yes or no about a thing like that on the record.

REALLY???  How much money do these people earn each year?  Make me feel safe.  Today we are drinking bottled water.   Also?  Woodjie is wandering about in nothing but underwear today.

2 comments:

  1. I've had days like this. I hope yours continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Woodjie and poor Mommy. :(

    Hope he feels better, that the water works from here on out and is SAFE, and that you get some sleep tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...