15 April 2014

School Dress Codes... For Parents?

A Florida school district is considering a voluntary dress code for parents.  They say it's pretty hard to enforce the student dress code when Pops shows up with his pants halfway down his butt. 

Why the need to focus on how Mom is dressed?  She showed up, right???

The school board decided to host some totally lame "fashion show" next fall so everyone will know how to put their clothes on in the morning.  So. Insulting.

Would you go?  Could you imagine your child's teacher telling you what clothing is acceptable for you to wear?

6 comments:

  1. Something like that would make me come in with nothing but a slip on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, none of this applies to me as I no longer have kids in school, but I would go, just to see what their idea of acceptable clothing is. Then I would continue to wear what I please.
    I have to say though, those pants worn hanging off the bum just aren't acceptable. Anywhere, anytime. They're disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gross. But if it doesn't get them kicked out of the supermarket, it shouldn't be enough to keep them from picking up their children. Though mind you, I could understand guidelines for volunteers. They should be background-checked and at least wear clean jeans, amIright? :)

      Delete
  3. There are a couple of things where I might understand a policy: saggy britches and the hoochie mama attire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were a private school, I'd agree with you. But mom in her hair rollers picking up a sick kid? Nahh. :)

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...