10 November 2016

The Living Room is NOT for Living In.



A mother posted a note indicating that the living room was NOT to be used until Thanksgiving.  It's been shared about a billion times on Twitter and on the news sites, but I don't see what's so unusual about this.  Growing up, we had an entire living room we weren't allowed to enter except on Thanksgiving, Christmas or "very important person visiting" occasions. The thing that is odd about the tape and the note is that such things have to be explained. We just KNEW that the room was not to be entered. No note required.

It would be nice if we had a few extra rooms to cordon off in my own home today, but I'm not that organised and/or I don't live in a large enough house considering the number of children here.

6 comments:

  1. Yup! But we dont have any not-to-be-entered room nowadays ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about that old bell ringing thing for the imaginary maid that was on the wall? I hope you still have that! Gotta keep up appearances. Love you. :)

      Delete
  2. When I was very young we never had enough rooms that one could be set aside and not used, but we did know not to mess up the lounge room with toys and stuff, in case visitors dropped in. After a while mum got used to most visitors preferring to sit around the kitchen table for their gossiping, but we never played in there anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I am here. With my front room, you WILL see homeschool books and that clutter, but not toys and dirty socks and so on.

      Delete
  3. but her furniture is so cozy looking and inviting. I have a room no one goes in... unless a stranger is visiting or someone is playing piano. It holds a piano, a coffee table, and several nice chairs. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh but that room is lovely. To my mind, you are restricting its use, not forbidding it. The piano room is for playing the piano!

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...