28 August 2024

Spongebob's House Went to a Rave...



This summer, I've been doing a lot of highway driving back and forth, going to Worlds of Fun where Woodjie worked this summer. One big benefit: he got a total of eight tickets and we've brought family members here and there throughout the summer. What you see pictured here is my souvenir. It's a men's medium shirt if you can believe that. I think it looks like Spongebob's house went to a rave. But I bought it with a matching pair of swimshorts because I am just that groovy.


I daresay I improved my crochetwork and learnt to do a granny square! I sorta cheated and used YouTube. The thing with YouTube is that you can pause it, slow it down, and go over over over OVERRRR the same 1.2 seconds about 500 times and skip the stupid ads. You just can't ask any questions.

I had to have something to do while waiting in the parking lot for Woodjie...

Emperor, Elf and Patrick have settled into an apartment nearby and sometimes I see them, pretty much just in passing. Their stuff is mostly gone and my house is surprisingly full for having only four people. I look back and wonder how we held so many folks here before. 

6 comments:

  1. I like the shirt and I love your crocheted blanket. Whatever will you do with the three bigger boys gone? Do they visit for Sunday dinners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi River! Everyone's work schedules seem to be such that they're off on different days so it's hard for the Sunday dinner to happen - it sure hasn't yet! Sometimes Emperor drives over alone or with his girlfriend. It is less than a mile away, so Patrick walks over sometimes and spends a few hours but Elf is harder to catch. Usually I will chat with him a bit here and there if I drop Woodjie over there for a visit, and hand him some food or other stuff.

    I have turned that basement into a craft room. Woodjie joins me every now and then when he is out of school. He has a new Warhammer set he wants to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to hear from you Chick! And good to hear all the family is doing so well. You shrunk as well! It's hard work though I must say, constantly a yo-yo situation. I never give up though. I must now scroll and see what else I too have missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Yo-yoing with you. Here is hoping our next yos stay down for a long time :)

      Delete
  4. I am impressed that you actually learned how to crochet from you tube. I might have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! I knew how to make a chain, but not much else. Give it a try. If you are willing to back up and redo, redo and maybe throw out the first tangled mess you make, it's not a bad idea.

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Spongebob's House Went to a Rave...

This summer, I've been doing a lot of highway driving back and forth, going to Worlds of Fun where Woodjie worked this summer. One big b...