10 August 2007

Happy Elf Fun Day!
















A few days back, I had big plans to surprise the children with "Happy Elf Fun Day." It's a homeschool bonanza of all kinds of new and unique activities. We had the science five senses tie in when we watched, heard, smelled and tasted popcorn on the stove. Of course, the two Jiffy Pop things I bought each had a gash in the side and the top picture is what it looked like after the FIRST cleanup LOL!! Later, at lunchtime, I thought I would make some milkshakes with my blender. It didn't seem to work, and I heard, Mom, the blender is on fire... Sure enough, smoke came out very thick and I evacuated the kitchen. Smart me put the blender onto the wooden deck in the back until D informed me that this is NOT such a good idea... So here it sits waiting for trash day. I was disappointed. The blender is only about 16 years old and I bought it *new*. Sigh. The boys had a LOT of fun despite the fiasco-laden day... and they are asking when the next "Happy Elf Fun Day" might happen...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...