04 August 2007

Super Mario Happy Birthday Number 29

OK whatever. I can't keep up with all these games. How can "Mario Party 6" be ***totally*** different from numbers one through five?? They are all equally confusing.

In each of these newer games, our old friend Mario appears in the familiar red "M" had and blue overalls. But he is now joined by about a million other characters including Luigi, some evil ghost thing named Boo, Princess Peach, some mushroom headed guy, super BABY Mario, BABY Luigi, a turtle, Wario (a convoluted Mario of some kind), Donkey Kong and many, many stars with eyeballs on them. Oh, and Donkey Kong is a GOOD guy now, but I'm not really sure what his purpose in the game is yet.

I think the point of the game is to collect all of these eyeball stars, and not be hit by tomatoes from the "audience" watching you in the game. There is also some "Bowser" character who is supposed to be bad as well. Maybe he hasn't had any work since Sha Na Na and has plunged to new lows LOL!!

OK, probably no one reading my blog remembers Sha Na Na. Or Donny and Marie. Nevermind I said anything.

Even my five-year-old somehow has picked up on the intricacies of the Mario world. Now, I think I'm just as smart as a five-year-old, but as someone tries to explain the whole thing to me it's too overwhelming. There is TOO MUCH going on, all at once. You have to multitask with your brain just to watch someone ELSE play. Does anyone over the age of 25 really understand this stuff?

I think Nintendo needs to come out with a very basic book for moms and dads. With pictures. Say I want to find out about Princess Peach. I would want to turn to find her picture in the P's and get a brief history. But unfortunately, to make it more confusing, the folks at Nintendo make the characters "good" in one game and "bad" in another, or in still others, it's a "good" character under "bad" mind control LOL!

I can't win!!

3 comments:

  1. Wait until you play Mario Party 7. We have that but alas the gamecube is no longer. I miss my gamecube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Aunt B))

    Maybe by Christmas they'll be really cheap. Patrick is talking about the Wii constantly and I am constantly telling him not to expect that kind of money going out. Plus what a weird name for a gaming system... what were they thinking??

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! The Nintendo co. has something like that, except all the info. is in tiny pieces everywhere. For example, The Mario Baseball game has a bio of every playable character (which is practically every single one) and the Mario Party 8 hintbook has a set of info. on which character was intoduced when, and what their goals and abilities and position in the plots usually are. The kids can also remember all this stuff and repeat it like good little children. Just remember, there are more bad guys than good guys, don't say I didn't warn you.
    From,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...