17 September 2007

I Have Permission For This Blatant Theft...

It's Lori's cookie recipe!! Thanks, Lori! You'll find my friend Lori at http://mylittlewonders.blogspot.com. These cookies are very sweet and you can taste the sugar, but they also are good for meals. I ate about a whole tray of them for "lunch." Then I had a few more for a "snack." Try them and see if you agree that they're the best!

Only thing is, you moms with more than 3 kids will probably want to double this recipe because we found these cookies went fast...

The Best Oatmeal Cookies
(yields about 2 trays cooked)

1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups flour (I use white and wheat flour mixed)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats (uncooked)
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350
Mix butter and sugars until creamy
Add eggs and vanilla
Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and add to wet mixture.
Add oats and raisins, mix well.
Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown
Cool for 1 or 2 minutes and serve hot :]

OK I diverged a little from Lori's recipe but you'd probably never know unless you looked carefully at both recipes. And to my mind, raisins are NOT optional. I use the "jumbo" really huge raisins of all different colours. And I measure my cookies out to be "generous hamburger" size. So maybe you get a dozen and a half "my way" as opposed to 3 or 4 dozen Lori's way LOL!

Bless you all! :]

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you loved them.....I suppose I should have told everyone they will be gone before they even get to cool.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...