14 December 2007

OK, I Want BRAND NAMES Here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22258423

It's not enough to tell me that some state I don't live in is going to ban mercury that is "intentionally added" to mascara. Thanks for telling me that mascara sometimes has harmful levels of mercury, and then leave me hanging as to... well... which brand names should be avoided?

And still, the reporter who did this story does not make it clear how mercury can get "accidentally added" to mascara. (I mean, do they pay someone to accidentally trip and spill a container of mercury into their mascara vat each week? How does this happen?)

This is one of those stories that gives you just enough information to make you realize you know less than you ever thought you knew, but not enough to know what it is you don't know or where to find out that information. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...