25 January 2011

"I Bus!"


Happy Birthday to dear Rose! Isn't she *so cute?* She got to go on the bus to preschool with her big brother. Here she is on the porch being presented with her new backpack. She is going to be in a "special needs" room, but she doesn't get the super special needs (deluxe!) room with a one-to-one aide like Woodjie. Judging from the couple short sentences sent home, she likely sat still and wasn't sure what to do today. She got to eat GOLDFISH crackers for a snack. Elf, Emperor and I went to the *new* HyVee in town (overpriced, bad parking, no familiar cracks in the floors and 1980s decor... waah, I miss it) and then to lunch (Chic-fil-A, yumm!) and OfficeMax to buy special "Black Pearl" erasers that Elf can NOT live without. Cannot. I would say that it was eeeerily quiet with *only* two children, but it wasn't. I am now realizing that Emperor talks a great deal and seldom requires a response (that was for all you Pride and Prejudice fans). Anyyyway, I also want to wish a Happy Australia Day to all y'all who are a day ahead of us! I would have posted more pics of Rose, but it's HARD getting both the children on the bus with their stuff and not slipping on the ice.

14 comments:

  1. Oh! She looks so happy and proud and adorable! Happy Birthday little girlie!!!

    And, can I just say that I could live the rest of my life without any fastfood - except Chic-fil-A. I miss that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuup. We got ours with extra pickles. You have to click the link I posted though... it's probably not what you think it is.. :)

    And she had a great birthday. I didn't even get round to giving her her present. More birthday fun tomorrow then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rose... I hope she loves pre school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday little Rosie! There is almost nothing sweeter or more challenging than a 3 year old girl. Hope she had a great day at pre-school! Olivia and Ian start on Thursday next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose looks way too little to be in school already. Even preschool. I hope she enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now I have read the link, and had a good laugh. That really made me miss American cashiers. I can just imagine the completely unsmiling and shocked faces that would meet my gaze if I were to do that in Japan! I love the American sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so sweet!!!!


    . . . . She's tolerable I suppose . . . but not handsome enough to tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look how happy Miss Pretty-Pretty is! That must have been a bit of a bittersweet moment (aren't they all?). Your chicks are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Birthday little Rose!
    I hope she has a wonderful birthday and loves and blossoms in school!

    Have a wonderful Birthday Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bog day for such a little girl! Hope her birthday is wonderful!!

    What is Hyvee? I've never heard of that, supermarket type store maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Hope she enjoys school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Rose! Hope her bday was spectacular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you please put a brick on that girl's head and not let her grow any bigger! Seriously! She's way grown up....OVERNIGHT!!!!

    :-)

    (btw, my word verification is buslia. Sounds like a happy word to describe a happy bus ride.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute pictures!

    Eileen, Elem. Teacher Overseas

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...