25 June 2017

News From My House

Patrick is off at college and except for an occasional text, I don't hear from him.  I know he doesn't want to talk to me knowing that I will pester him to get his paperwork done for fall.  The kid ran off to college and is paying IN CASH (well, check!) for his classes and all that.  You knowww he's going to run out of money very soon at this rate.  Mom and Dad are not co-signing here, kiddo.  We will pay half but we can't co-sign $70,000 or whatever two years of college plus board and books would run ya.  Nope.  Nuh-uh.  Not happening.  (Yes, I worry.)

Our new swimsuits from UV Skins.  FINALLY I have "modest" sunburn prevention for both little kids.  Lookit my apples also.  There are zillions of them up in the tree... only thing is... the squirrels have figured out they are tasty.

In other news, Elf and Emperor both got their permits about a week apart!  Oh yeah, it's busy here.  D and I have taken these kids out driving several times and I really do wish everyone would just stay home while we're out on the road.  Even in the burby area near my local park, people were tailgating us and getting all upset that we weren't speeding about.  I think half the danger is from not intimately knowing all the knobs, buttons and controls and rules of the road... and the other half is everyone else getting all impatient and acting crazy.

Rose's hair is getting long!
Woodjie and Rose are getting more serious about roller skating.  I keep trying to take photos to show you but somehow the light is super crappy.  Anyway, we hope to compete (as in, with outfits and entry fees and everything) in October at some place about three hours away.  Going to be interesting.  TMI but I have learnt how a "cup" works now.  Basically?  It is spandex shorts now with a little envelope, you slide the plastic cup down the front and "adjust."  Now you know how it works, too - you are welcome.


6 comments:

  1. $70,000?? I'm glad my kids quit in high school and got jobs.
    Rose's hair is beautiful. I love long hair, but I've given up on mine. Short and curly, wash and wear, that's for me now.
    Congratulations to the new drivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about the cheapest you could get is $24,000 for the classes... and then you figure room, board, books and incidentals for two years. Where I went to school way back when it's a private college and closer to $50,000/ year.

      Delete
  2. My son's first year was expensive... like $10,000 after scholarships. The next 3 years like $15000 with room and board... he got loans for his half. My daughters private college cost like 35 a year, but after scholarship we paid like $5000 a year she got loans for her half. And we gave allowances... i mean, if they could find inexpensive educations, how could we not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most important thing is that they are DONE! OH SO DONE. That's what I want to say someday... :)

      Delete
  3. You guys don't play cricket do you? The *cups* are hard & plastic & make my singer go *Eeeeewwwww!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're plastic and they slip into shorts/ special undies. Probably exactly like the ones used in cricket. I don't think I could run about and hold them in place but the kiddo manages.

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...