17 July 2007

Easter? Halloween? Christmas?

Call me a hypocrite if you wish, but even though I know the history of Easter I still allow my children the fun of hiding and finding eggs. And I still let them have Christmas presents and cookies on Christmas. But Halloween is OUT! Too yucky and demonic, thank you so much. Whoever thought of dressing up as an "undead" and going around extorting candy and gifts from the neighbours? You know if you don't hand it out they're going to egg your cars or something. But I'll stick a tract in with my bribes ya know.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking ahead to October already?

    We don't celebrate Halloween. We DO celebrate the Reformation. Martin Luther nailed his famous theses to the door of the church on October 31 because of All Saints Day on November 1.

    It's a fun celebration--singing great hymns, reading about great men, playing some games, eating yummy snacks that have nothing to do with the Reformation, but are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that, and I went to Wittenberg University (in Ohio!).

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...