18 July 2007

Just Sitting Here! Again...

I'm sitting on my rear end YET AGAIN, all day long because I spotted again last night. I am very, very grateful that my boys have REALLY been a help and they are *trying* not to be discouraged or have a bad attitude about the extra work. In homeschooling Social Studies, I had to think of a "job" that would be easier for the whole family to do together. Examples given were planting an ENTIRE garden, building something and the like. We're supposed to learn how the colonists worked together with their neighbours and were able to build their houses that way and get the hard or impossible-to-do-alone work done together.

I could only think of laundry. YAY me! The older boys rolled their eyes a bit at this one because they knew it would be more work for them to have the younger boys help than to just plain old do it themselves. But I had them set up several laundry baskets at one end of the room. One is for me and dh. One is for Elf and Emperor (they share a room). One is for baby J. And towels and clothes for G and Patrick just got thrown on G's bed to be sorted and folded later when the younger children were out of their hair.

So G would hand dh's pants to Emperor and say, "This goes in DAD's basket..." or whatever. And he would RUN across the room and slam that in there with a big jump. Then he'd run back for more. We have baskets of rumply clothes that are at least in the right rooms now.

Unfortunately tasks like sweeping and general clutter control or shopping don't work as well. But I'm starting to think that even if I am up and well for the rest of the pregnancy, I do need to delegate a little more. There will just be so many things to do that a little MORE help would be nice, especially since I have a little time to train the helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...