31 August 2007

Ever Have This Feeling?



You know you probably ought to start cleaning soon, but you just lose energy thinking about where to begin? I've heard of the "room" approach to cleaning, and the "task" approach to cleaning. With the room approach, you start with the dusting and vacuuming. Then you pick everything up and maybe dust and vacuum again. What I find is that this multiplies my task sometimes though. It would force me to make 50 trips to other rooms with "wayward" stuff. The task approach is best for a quick touch-up, though I must admit the results aren't as tidy as the "room" approach.

2 comments:

  1. This is what do. I pick up the cluttered stuff that doesn't belong in the room and put it in a pile. I send each child off with their designated pile to put away. Usually there is nothing left in the room that doesn't belong. I then proceed to vacuum and dust to finish cleaning. I hope this makes sense.

    In light of that. I miss you and will talk with you soon. Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at the point where I at least start on a 3-foot area. Then that one little spot is clean. Things like kitchen cabinets and my 5 junk drawers are especially hard because I keep adding to them through shopping or just stuff appearing that needs a home!!

    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...