11 August 2007

I Don't Know How to Explain!

I've been part of an internet board for some time. Maybe almost three years? I'm sad but relieved that I have just sent this letter (obviously names etc. altered):


"H":

I know you're REALLY busy moving and I'm not going to expect you to reply. I just wanted to let you know that I am deleting (board name) from my little favourites column. I feel that when I express an opinion, it is misconstrued and misinterpreted often. I also feel that several people who feel the same or similarly as I do on certain topics are silent because they don't want the same treatment. Or, perhaps they have learned that the board is a nice place to say hi and give internet ((hugs)), maybe talk about the events of the day.

But serious disagreement on controversial issues does not seem to be tolerated very well.

I've enjoyed my time at (board name), H, and I'm truly not leaving angry. I just posted even this morning, but was impressed during my prayer time that this is not somewhere I should be right now. I hope you understand.

I am sure that some of the other posters are going to have a few *interesting* things to say about me and my opinions in my absence. I don't want to know what those are! I want to leave while I'm under the illusion that I'm on good terms with the majority of the posters on your board.

Many blessings to you, H, and I hope your move goes very smoothly. I'll miss ya!

"Mrs. C".

This is a place I've spent a lot of time and made friends, including "Aunt B." But it's just time to move on...

5 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend. I have been skipping over the controversy on those boards lately. I just can't handle it with everything that is going on in my heart right now. I'm having a hard time spiritually, mentally, and moodwise to be reading a lot of the stuff on there. I don't want their simpathy either because it just seems shot down by someone elses problems. I will still keep in touch. You have become a really great friend. Actually one of the very few who I have made on that group. I Love YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're saying. I think I probably should have left a long time ago. There are some people there who positively HATE me there and you know it!! But there are also others like you that I really felt a kindred spirit with. But unlike you likely we'll not keep in touch. I have deleted my subscription so I'm not even *tempted* to go back in there and see what flaming arrows are flying about.

    And I think that's best. Don't tell me either LOL!! But imagine the pain and suffering saved if Adam took an axe to that tree of temptation and used it for firewood. I think God is leading me to do things differently in my life and this is not the only thing. It's just probably the only *concrete* thing I can talk about now.

    But he is making me think differently about some things lately. I'm growing and thinking new thoughts. I've left my old church behind and am attending a new place, AND have left the boards all in two weeks... wow.

    I'm still praying for you hon!!

    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H hasn't said anything at all so I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think she'll say anything until someone asks though. I think I would feel bad leaving that board. I have been on there since before it went private. Sometimes I feel like I owe some people stuff. Bo thinks I am addicted. Maybe I am. I think I should undo it too and just email a certain few. It is just taking up too much of my time. My time needs to be spent doing other things like school and spending time with God. IKWYM.

    Thanks for the prayers. They are much needed.
    Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt B, she won't say anything, is what she communicated to me. She understands.

    Leaving was something I've thought about before but had the same feelings you do. It's not all bad or it would be an obvious choice. There are lots of great ladies there, and I do find myself wondering what's up with so and so and is E able to eat dinner/ get some calories in today??

    Surprisingly, I feel much better since I hit "unsubscribe." I know I can't go back without that join code.

    It had to have been God directing me... no kidding... because I do not see myself as having the fortitude to quit, ESPECIALLY when I did. I'm not one to back down from a fight but I distinctly felt the Holy Spirit tell me it was just time to say goodbye.

    I'm YOUR friend either way and God could be telling you something completely different! You need support right now though. I hope you have some IRL friends to see you through too.

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really have any IRL friends. I'm glad we are friends though.
    I'm glad your feeling better after hitting unsubscribe. I think I just might lay off the boards for awhile. I need some time to get my mind straight and my heart in a better place.

    You are a wonderful friend. I just wish we were closer so we could see each other every day and our kids could play together and such. I wish we lived closer for an IRL.

    Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...