26 August 2007

It Looks Like a Lot Less When It's Folded...

Before I get around to folding laundry and putting it away I let it sit in LARGE MOUNTAINS in about every basket imaginable. There is nothing more discouraging than folding everything, getting it put away, and then having another batch that needs to go to the same place. So it gets washed as it arrives in the laundry room, but folded and put away maybe every three days. I've heard of other families who make their children TOTALLY in charge of laundry. I *had* to do this to my older children when I was on bedrest. You would think laundry is easy, but it's a lot of timing and is a difficult organization task even for an older child. Elf is in charge of folding all washcloths, but otherwise it's just easier right now to let me do it all. When the next baby comes in the winter... and I'm doing triple the amount of laundry, it may have to change. MUCH easier to wash a pair of shorts and t-shirt than a HUGE sweater and long jeans and an undershirt. Times seven. During this summer at least when the older kids were home from school and didn't go anywhere (where am I going to take them if I can't get out of bed?? LOL) they didn't need a shower or clothes-washing every day. Now they will because those schools are very dirty. You can't just wear the same shirt two days in a row or do without a shower on a PE day... I know a mom of 11 kids who says that homeschooling is just EASIER when you think of the laundry and the conferences, school lunches to prepare each day and the homework... she may be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...