25 August 2007

I Wish I Had Money For "Pell-O" Windows!

I can't keep my windows very clean in the kitchen. It's located way up away from the deck in the back of the house so there's no way to clean from the outside when birds leave smeary deposits. From the inside it's behind the kitchen sink and when the windows are opened (tricky: it's an older house!) you can't get the vacuum wedge in where you want it to go to get all the cobwebs. I reason I don't want to Windex just 1/4 of the window from the inside (no, your arm can't go up all the way between the panes!), or the other 3/4 looks like... well... not nice. And curtains and blinds just aren't really an option right over a sink. I saw an ad in one of those ritzy magazines for "Pell-O" windows, with the shade built into the window. I know I can't afford them because the same magazine touts the family that had the Italian designer personally fly in some rock samples from the "Snorgfli" region, because he works well with the designer who flew to France to personally select the French furnishings that would go best with the new Modern Greek Revival in the Spanish Style that will be built on 165 rolling acres in the middle of New York City... That kind of magazine. I had the "Pell-O" ad all cut out and thought of calling. But I know they would quote me a price there's no way I can afford or look at my buggy windows and laugh. I've already covered some of the worst bird-smeary panes with childrens' artwork. Maybe we should paint directly on the glass for that homey-homeschool look? Then we won't see the moths dangling from the spider web in the central pane (ugh... NOT pictured).

3 comments:

  1. My husband installs Pella Windows and Doors for a living.

    Did you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL NO!!! Does he visit the houses I read about in this magazine?? How much does it usually run? And do YOU have these windows and what are they like?

    I rarely fall in love with a magazine ad, but the "blinds in the window" idea sounds really fun.

    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has taken me to a few houses. WOWIE! INCREDIBLE! He's worked for some filthy rich people.

    He's always worked for some mildly wealthy people, whose houses don't blow you away, but they are nice.

    I don't know how much they cost. I'm sure some are more expensive than others. Some are high-end and some are really specialty. One time he installed a $25,000 door!

    No, I do not have these windows in my house. I live in the upstairs unit of about an 80 year old house that the seminary leases to us. Everything is old(er). But, it has character! I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...