23 August 2007

The Recipe For Pickles

This recipe is from "Martha" on the MOMYs board. I find the MOMYs board to be a big source of help and encouragement though I don't post often. Most people there have much larger families than mine!!

****PICKLE RECIPE****

4 T salt
4 C water
2 C white vinegar

Bring to a boil.

1 clove garlic per quart jar
1 sprig fresh dill per jar OR 1tsp dill seed per jar

Put cukes, garlic and dill in jar, pour boiling brine over the top, seal. I sterilize my canning stuff by running it in the dishwasher on wash/dry "HOT." If you don't have a dishwasher, wash your things in hot water, run a bit of boiling water over and put in a 200 degree oven for a little bit.

To seal, I just followed the advice on the MOMYs board and turned my jars upside-down on a tea towel for a couple hours. Then I stuck my pickle jar upside down in the fridge for about a month.

The children wish I had made several more jars of these pickles; they really are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...