27 November 2007

Cookies-n-Pie





We made cookies for an after-lunch snack and some pudding pies for the whole family after dinner. Then we sat down to read some of Little House on the Prairie. In this chapter, Laura and Mary get a tin cup, a candy cane, a small cake AND a penny for Christmas. Did you notice anything strange about my oven? It's a "custom" drop-in model that cost us well over $1,000 TEN years ago!! It is 27 inches across instead of the standard 30 and we got NO choice as to colour. Not as much fits inside. And standard trays do NOT work. Today D was a little miffed as he bought me a beautiful tray set, and I gave the large tray away because it didn't fit. When we were shopping for houses (before the market went yucky), I would bring my tape measure when we were thinking of making an offer. That oven had better measure 30 inches across!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...