14 November 2007

Do You Live Within Your Means?

If you're an American, I'd submit to you that you're NOT, whether you like it or not. We have so much stinkin' debt it isn't funny. And Bush is running about like a liberal tooth fairy granting Medicare drug programs to old people because they VOTE. It makes me sick.

Yes, the war spending makes me sick, too. I'm a very conservative Republican, but maybe I'm SOOOO conservative that I'm hard to recognize. You know, old-fashioned values like living within your means MEAN something to me. I don't wonder if Ron Paul will shake up this election, and I hope he does. There are some things I like/dislike about most current presidential candidates, and I suppose the best we can hope for is that the next president is a man. Sigh.

I was reading this article about GAO head David Walker "sounding the alarm" to our fiscal crisis. No kidding. This is something we should have been thinking of in 1960, let alone today!!

http://www.newsweek.com/id/70378/page/1

quote:

Just for perspective, can you compare the size of this fiscal "tsunami" [to the size of particular spending programs]?

Well, you could decide not to renew the Bush tax cuts, you could eliminate all foreign aid, eliminate all earmarks, eliminate NASA, eliminate the National Endowment for Humanities and eliminate the entire Defense Department tomorrow, and you still wouldn't solve the problem.

/quote.

Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...