14 February 2008

Too Many Kids?

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/tx/200802120.asp

The "Constitution" is an outdated document. That idea of having our bodies, our choices and our right to decide is only valid if we want to KILL children, not CREATE them in a marriage or add to our family through adoption. Today, some little snit of a social worker can tell your family that being accused of having too many children is reason enough for her to snoop through your home, interview everyone and document her findings ...

I was reading a news story about a truly abusive mother on another blog recently. The poster was incensed that we need licenses for dogs and cats, but not children! We need to fix *that* right away as well. The state, being more all-knowing than God Almighty Himself, will be the sole determiner of who is worthy to have children and how many they should have. Maybe we can even improve our pedigree through state-funded eugenics programs and eliminate all handicaps forever ... think of the medical insurance savings alone...

OH...

I was just getting a little carried away. As Basil Fawlty would have said, "Don't mention the war." He mentioned it once, but he thinks he got away with it... Seriously, I find conclusions such as, "She has too many kids!" or, "I can't believe no one is going to take steps so that people can't just *go off* and have CHILDREN without..." so horrifying as to defy imagination. The reason being, of course, is that the logical end of such ideas is that someone (usually the state) is supposed to regulate reproduction, education, or *whatever* the topic at hand happens to be. And if that doesn't frighten you, I tremble for your immortal soul.

Another thing I found disturbing about this story is that the couple in question had seven children... you know, only one more than I have. They were able to provide an in-home study to the social worker right then, as well as ***25*** letters of reference.

Can I tell you, this gets me a bit miffed at the HSLDA, because it blows the curve for the rest of us? I would be lucky if I could get two or three heartfelt letters of support should "the worst" happen. Yes, we're reclusive. But that does not mean that we're abusive to our children.

Why do I write about news stories like this? I hope I'm making at least one person think about *who* should get to decide things, and maybe even vote accordingly. This is not a Democratic or Republican issue in my opinion. Most politicians from both parties are absolutely insane on parental rights issues and pander to groups concerned "for the children." (The fact that these groups make money by taking children away from their parents one way or another, of course, does not influence their political opinions whatsoever. They're professionals, after all! Look at their certification and see how superior they are to YOU, ya moron...)

Bless you guys. Thanks for reading my rantings. It gives me something to do besides taking pictures of my dust bunnies before cleaning them LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...