28 October 2008

My Living Room.

You don't see the couch or coffee table I'm standing by, but this is my living room. Someone likes me a whole lot and got me some flowers for my very favourite table. I blog from over there on the right. Yes, in a rocking chair. I got it from my neighbour for $25 and it's great. We keep thinking of buying office chairs, but then we never actually do. A long time ago, the lamps you see to the left used to have monstrous shades. These originals have regrettably been lost. (Woo-hoo! I mean, boo-hoo!) So I updated them. The windows used to have buggy cigarette-smoke-stained "valances" and three bare bulbs with some glass "thing" over 'em hung from the ceiling over this table. Also updated ($). I tried to disguise the computer area a little bit with the huge plastic plant from Wal-Mart. See? Now you don't notice my printer or the other things that keep piling on my desk. Ok. Tour's over.

11 comments:

  1. I love pics like this. Its great to see where peopel blog and how they live. Its sorta like actually being there in real instead of over the net! Thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dining room. Ours is so narrow and not defined from the living room. I also like your dining room table. Those square tables are really popular now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogging corner looks so cozy - I love the rocking chair! I used to blog from our home office, but then I can't keep an eye on the trouble or mess that is about to devour the house. So now I blog, pay bills, prepare school activities, check homework and do legal drafting at the kitchen counter. Much more centrally located :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room looks so tidy!!! and the floor!!!! You must work hard (I know you must) to keep it so tidy with so many kids! It is a charming room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room is darling. I wish my hardwood looked as shiny! It did when we moved here, 15 years ago, but kids and pets have destroyed it (and probably my lack of cleaning skills, but whatever). :) Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your table! It's so wide and roomy. Tables over here in Japan tend to be narrow, for good reason. Yours would never fit in our house, but I love it!

    Your sparkling floors remind me that I need to get the kids to clean ours today:).

    Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remarkably clean for having six kids. Not that I know what having six kids is like but still. Wood floors are nice too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your floors. So shiny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! My wife wants hardwood, but we don't have the money to replace the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great floors!

    My computer space is in an unfinished basement on a metal office desk that my husband picked up at an auction that is full, full, full of books and papers. I don't know how I would live if it was more out in the open. I would probably blog more though. It is kind of hard to sneak downstairs for blog time ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs. K - it IS a bench there. I had bought it to match the dining room set but meant to keep it by the door for coats and stuff (to sit in to put shoes on, etc.) but then we went and had two more children, so it's in use now. It's pretty, but I think I'd rather have bought more chairs as well. Now that furniture store is out of business. :[

    I can assure you that it isn't because they didn't charge enough for the furniture, though, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...