04 March 2009

Plastic Bead Art




We had some of these plastic beads kicking around for years, but not very many, and mostly in grey and green. D found a nice batch of them in many colours at the thift store for just under $2. It took me a long time to organize them all by colour so that one can easily do projects, but I think it was time well-spent. The boys have made several little projects, and after I iron the beads, they stick together nicely. Perfect muddy/snowy day thing to do in the kitchen.

7 comments:

  1. :O)
    Gotta love the Pokemon Ball one's..

    Good Job Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love these. I have some nice ones hanging in my window too. I like the way they catch the sunlight. I can't believe you organized the beads by color for them. Shhhh. Don't tell my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditz loved these when she was younger but oh, MrsC! It looks sooo cold out your way! Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE have very similar ones here, called "Beado's"...Brylee loves them, Griffin not so much. They are neat to make, ours you just have to spray with water and they set together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little sortie thing that are stored in. Makes it easier for them to make projects.

    I love their projects. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright way to liven up the winter doldrums . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun. Of course, soon we can't get stuff like. I don't trust my kids to not leave beads where the baby can reach for them.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...