04 November 2010

Trivia Question Answer!

"The Worm of the Still," referring to the coil on a still.  I had to read the passage over several times before I "got" it myself, because I had read it as a literal reptile. 

Maybe this one was too hard.  Keep in mind that McGuffey Readers were public school textbooks, so I suppose this would qualify as an olde-fashioned "health" class warning of the dangers of drink.  Ah, well.  It seems a weeee mite overexaggerated, but least they didn't try to put a condom on a banana. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind on reading the blogs I follow. I was trying to catch up this evening through the links on my dashboard page. I saw the riddle post first and I kept thinking that it sounded like alcohol of some sort (the symptoms fit), but I couldn't place the coil. I read this post and had a duh moment. I mean really, I used to watch those old TV shows that showed people making their brew.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...